Saturday, July 27, 2013

What A Week! School Stuff and a Conference


What a week! I am officially in school mode- teachers in my district return on August 6th. The kids start back on August 9th. I’ve spent the last two weeks working in my classroom, organizing and sorting materials. I do not do well with clutter in the classroom and am a little OCD about everything (including baskets) matching. I have officially been put on basket restriction. Mr. Davis was not to thrilled about hauling tons of bright blue and green baskets home to store as I unpacked a new shipment of yellow and black baskets to match my bee theme. I can’t wait to post pictures soon when I get everything done. Everything is organized for the most part. Decorating and labeling is left.

When I found out I would be moving to kindergarten in the fall, I immediately started looking for professional development opportunities close to where I live. With my two littles at home, the I Teach K conference in Vegas wasn’t an option (maybe next year). I was able to go to the North East Alabama Early Childhood Conference held at Big Spring Lake Kindergarten School this past Wednesday. It was a great day (minus the long drive across state lines to get there). I loved meeting Deanna Jump from Mrs. Jump’s Class and Shari Sloane from kidscount1234.com. These two ladies are amazing educators with phenomenal ideas that I can’t wait to implement. Shari delivered the keynote address with such an uplifting message about all the fun things kids say in her classroom. What is the funniest thing that a kid has said to you?

With back to school in full swing at the Davis household, I’ve been purchasing things like a mad woman. Here are my favorite purchases from this week. Click the pictures for to be linked to the item website. 

Zero the Hero Necklace- I can’t wait to wear this every 10 days. When I saw it, I just had to have it. The original manufactuer retired, but creativemathematics.com has started selling them. They aren’t on the website yet, but you can order over the phone. So Adorable!!!!


Zero the Hero Puppet- I saw this on www.kinderteacher.com. It came in the mail yesterday and is so cute! I can't wait to order Zerona for the 100th day!


Shari Sloane CD’s- Shari Sloane has a wonderful singing voice and has recorded serveral CD’s for classroom use. They will be such an asset to my classroom. Be sure to check them out.



Kits for Shari Sloane’s songs- Katie and company has made manipulative kits for many of Shari’s songs. I ordered this Letter Pop one and can’t wait for it to arrive.


Lakeshore Learning Labels- I’ve got to start labeling and I’m all about not reinventing the wheel.


I hope you have had a wonderful week! 
Don’t forget to follow my blog on bloglovin. When I reach 100 followers I will give away a Scotch Thermal Laminator. This is a MUST for every teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you guys start so early! Good luck & enjoy your last few days of summer! I nominated you for a Liebster Award - check out my blog for more details. :)

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Muir, Thank you so much for your nomination. This is so exciting!
    We do start early; only 2days left of summer!!!

    ReplyDelete