Monday, July 1, 2013

Currently

Today I am linking up with Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for the July currently. 



Listening:  While trying to find something to watch on Netflix one night when my hubby was at work, I came across Grey's Anatomy reruns. I have a t.v. crush on McDreamy and McSteamy!

Loving:  I love everything about summer vacation. I love playing outside, cookouts, swimming, but most of all I love my morning snuggle time with my precious littles.Here are my two cuties on our recent Disney World trip. 



Thinking:  I have so much to do before I go back to school at the beginning of August. THAT IS ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY!!! I'm so excited about my big grade level move to kindergarten. I can't wait to get in my classroom to set up my new classroom. I see a trip to IKEA and The School Box in my very near future... I hope the hubby doesn't read this part!

Wanting:  My mother and I took the littles up to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for a few days to our family chalet. It has been so much fun. Yesterday,  I found these adorable purple and gold TOMs, the school colors of my elementary school. Yes, I am a Georgia Bulldog fan and I think these were made for LSU, but I so need these for my school spirit wear. Plus, wouldn't they be adorable with my monogram on them? 



Needing: To get myself organized. A few years ago, my hubby and I finished out our basement. During the construction process, I had my husband build be a "teacher room". It is so nice. It has wall shelves with my books, resource books, bulletin board sets, and manipulatives. Now that I am going to kindergarten, I need to organize all my second and third grade items into my teacher room. I've got to get this done before August. If I am going to be doing all of this work, I have to have a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher from Starbucks. I am addicted.

Tips, Tricks, and Hints:  Be Prepared and Be Organized! As I start my 8th year in the classroom, the most important advice I could give any teacher is to be prepared and be organized. It makes the day run so much smoother and makes students so much more successful in the learning environment. 

I hope you have a great July 1st! 
Be sure to link up for the July Currently Party. It is such a fabulous way to find new teacher blogs.

3 comments:

  1. I have never had a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher, but now I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching Grey's reruns. I can lose a lot of hours to Netflix in the summer. Happy organizing!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really got in to Greys...I think I would form an addiction. =) That is awesome that your hubby built you a teacher room! So cool!
    Amy
    3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete