Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

I've been working non-stop trying to get my room ready for preplanning next Tuesday. Preplanning is so stressful and I always like having my room ready to go the first day of preplanning. I am going to spend my last summer work day up their tomorrow and then Monday the littles and I are going to do something fun (Cabbage Patch Land perhaps???)

I was so excited to find that I have been nominated by Miss Muir at Sprinkles for the Teacher for a Liebster Award. This is such an honor! I can't wait to post more on this. 

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for the August Currently.

Listening ~ Currently I am listening to my littles play together. At four and one, most of the time life is a circus. My four year old is tattling on the baby because she is carrying a shoe, then he drags her down the hall by her neck, then she uses her high pitch baby scream at him... the list goes on... Rarely do I get to see them play together. Even though Caroline isn't talking much, it is so much fun to see them play together (when it actually happens). 

Loving ~ Currently I am loving my adorable classroom. I am having a honeybee themed classroom this year and I am loving it. A little background.. when I was pregnant with my first child, my two sisters (and best friends) couldn't decide what to be called. They settled on Aunt Honey and Aunt Bee ~ the Honey Bees. I love that Eric calls them his Honey Bees. Below is a picture from the day he was born (4 years ago). They made matching shirts with their aunt names for the day. They did cheers for my the whole time I was in labor. It was so much fun! Anyway, bees are kind of our things. I can't wait to post pictures of my big classroom revel next week. 

Thinking ~ Currently I am thinking that I have the two most adorable kids. My four year old completely cracks me up on a hourly basis. My one year old is such a princess.  I am also thinking that I am going to absolutely LOVE teaching kindergarten. Every minute I spend setting up my classroom I get more excite!

Wanting ~ Currently I am totally wanting a back to school shopping spree. I used to love going back to school shopping with my grandparents. It was always one of the highlights of back to school shopping. Maybe I can talk the hubby into a quick trip to Loft or Coldwater Creek for a first day of school outfit. 

Needing ~ Currently I am needing a date night. I love Cheesecake Factory and I think a trip there is totally needed before I start school on Tuesday. Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake is so yummy! 

B2S Must Haves ~ Currently I have two back to school must have items. The first is the Zero the Hero necklace. The original owner has retired but told me that creative mathematics would be carrying the necklace. Unfortunately, they don't have any. Does anyone know of another place I can get one??
I'm also wanting a new back to school bag.  I'm a HUGE Vera Bradley fan, and am in love with their newest prints. 

I can't wait to see everyone's August Currentlys. I can't believe back to school time is here!

Don't forget to follow my blog on BlogLovin. 
When I reach 100 followers I will give away a Scotch Thermal Laminator. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Coldwater Creek for B2S shopping too! So glad you linked up for Currently so I could find your blog.

    Donna
    LearningPockets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the August Currently! I love the honey bee theme idea. I look forward to seeing pics! Ialso am sad to leave my two littles once school starts.
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete