Thursday, June 13, 2013

All About Me!

After putting my two precious little people down to sleep each night, I spend hours of my time reading teacher blogs. I love being about to see what other teachers are doing in their classrooms. I decided that I would start my own blog to document my time in my classroom. I LOVE teaching! Everyday I wake up excited to go to work. Sadly, that is something that doesn't happen too often in today's society. 

I will start my 8th year as a Georgia elementary school teacher this August.  I have my bachelors degree in early childhood and special education. I received my masters in early childhood education. I also hold both a reading endorsement and a teaching of gifted endorsement. I have taught first, second, and third grades, focusing on gifted education the past few years.

Next year... I am so excited! 
I will be teaching KINDERGARTEN!!!

I can't wait for the adventures that await me next year! It will be a big change from what I have been doing but it is going to be a great year! I have been very busy researching kindergarten. Yesterday, I purchased this little t.v. cabinet. My husband is going to turn it into a home center for my classroom (Shhh... he doesn't know yet).  I think painted glossy black with some adorable bumble bee yellow curtains. It will be precious! 

I have been married for 7 years to a fire fighter. We have two children who are the delight of our lives. Our son, Eric, turned four years old in May. Eric loves playing with legos, cars, and learning about "killing" (killer) whales. Our daughter, Caroline, just turned one. She just got her first two teeth last week while we were in Disney, and she took her first steps on Monday! My baby girl is getting too big too quick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment