Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Week '13: Classroom Digs

Today is the second day of the 2013 Teacher Week hosted by Blog Hoppin'. The theme of the day is classroom digs and I am so excited to share my adorable classroom. I wanted a classroom that I wanted to be in, a classroom that was happy and fun. I LOVE this room!

I want to start by showing you a before picture. This made me want to cry. It is never a good sign when the custodian is begging you not to cry as you walk down to your room for the first time all summer. All I can say is YIKES!!! 120 something boxes a 3 weeks later, it is perfect.


Here is the after pictures.















One thing that you may notice is that I do not have a teacher desk. I felt like this was a wasteful piece of furniture that took up a huge amount of space and provided no use for students. Honestly, I haven't even thought twice about it. I would much rather spread out at a table instead.

I hope you enjoyed the tour around my classroom digs. I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!




















1 comment:

  1. So adorable! You really worked some magic there! Thankfully, I've never had to move rooms and I was hired into a room that was half way put together because the teacher had set-up but then decided to go to law school... I love the carpet in your library and your focus wall!

    Good luck with going back to school,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete