Monday, August 12, 2013

Let’s Talk About Me!



This week I am linking up with Blog Hoppin’ for Teacher Week. It is a wonderful way to connect with other teachers and share wonderful ideas that can help all of us be better educators.

The theme of the day today is “Let’s Talk About Me!”

1. My name is Elizabeth Davis and I live and teach in the mountains of north Georgia. I just started my 8th year as an elementary school teacher last week.  I have my bachelor’s degree in early childhood and special education. I received my masters in early childhood education. I also hold both a reading endorsement and a teaching of gifted endorsement. I have taught first, second, and third grades, focusing on gifted education the past few years. This year I am so excited that I am teaching kindergarten!

2. I love teaching. It is a passion in my life, and I wake up everyday excited to go to work. I learn so much everyday from my kiddos. The biggest influence on my life had to be a precious group of students that I have the privledge of teaching three years ago. One of the students in my class had a terminal illness and passed away during the school year. I watched my students grow into such wonderful people with such servants hearts. That class taught me so much and changed my outlook on teaching and life. I am so thankful that God put these precious individuals in my life.

3. I am married to Mr. Davis (as my kiddos at school call him). He is a fire fighter. We started dating while I was a freshman in college and have been together ever since. We just celebrated our 7th anniversary. 

4. We have two precious littles that are the delights of our lives! Our son, Eric, is four and is a comedian. He has the quickest wit that I have ever seen. He loves visiting aquariums, and wants to go to Sea World to meet a “killing whale”. Recently I took him to the Ripley’s Aquarium in the Smokies in Gatlinberg, Tennessee; he thought it was a pet shop. He keeps asking me when his pet penguin is coming to live at our house. 


5. Our daughter, Caroline, is one. She is a little princess, and has her daddy completely wrapped around her finger. She LOVES playing with her baby dolls, wearing big bows (the bigger the better), and following her big brother around. I think a trip to Cabbage Patch Land is in our very near future. 


6. I am a Christian and strive let God’s light shine through me everyday with my actions. I teach children’s church each Sunday. It is so much fun because most Sundays I have a lot of my students from school in my class. 



7. My hobbies are baking (when I have time), reading, blogging, and making things on my cricut. I also love to to sew but don't have the time. I was so excited to get a cricut for my house and a cricut for my classroom. I use them that much.

8. My husband believes that I also have a hobby of shopping, and he is right. I am a huge compulsive shopper. I love buying things for my kids (baby gap and kid boutiques- I love anything smocked) and for my classroom. I love to shop at Coldwater Creek and the Loft for me. 


9. I am also a Disney fanatic and up for a Disney trip EVERYDAY! We took the kids to Disney at the beginning of summer and are already planning a return trip next year. Growing up, I wanted to work at Disney and be a character. 


10. I have two sisters that are my best friends. I talk to them at least a couple of times a day. Amy is a doctor of physical therapy and Susannah just started college. I am a very proud sister. They are the "honeybees"  to my kids- Aunt Honey and Aunt Bee. 



I can’t wait to meet so many new friends through our linky party.
I love Back to School time!

1 comment:

  1. What!!!! Where is Cabbage Patch Land? I wanna go too :-) I was obsessed as a child.

    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete