Saturday, August 23, 2014

When Friday


I am linking up with Blog Hoppin today for What Friday. I am so thankful that today was Friday. I have an amazing class this year. They are absolutely precious! However, I don’t think I have ever felt this yucky during the first few days of school. I need the weekend to recoup!

Today, we are talking about What Friday:  What do we like to teach?

I started teaching 9 years ago as a first grade teacher. I LOVE first grade! I loved teaching kids how to read, one of my favorite things to do. At the end of the year, my principal asked me to loop with the class to 2nd grade. I taught second grade for two years and it was so much fun. Then I was asked to go to third grade. I taught here for third grade and learned so much about myself and how to be a teacher. It was during this time I taught a class that of third graders that taught me so much about loving and learning.  This class still holds a very special place in my heart. In third grade, I was also a gifted educator and worked to enrich the academic content of my instruction. I then went back to second grade for a year.

At the end of that year, my principal asked me to move to kindergarten. I can’t even put into words how excited I was. I couldn’t wait to get started. Had you asked me if I would be teaching kindergarten 4 years ago, I would have said NO WAY! But now, I can’t imagine teaching anything else. Teaching kindergarten is so exciting each and every day. I can’t wait to get up and go play and learn with my precious babies!

What subjects do I like to teach? Well, I love to read. And I love to teach others to read It drives my husband insane because I can get totally engrossed in a book, no matter how many times that I have already read it. My Kindle Paperwhite is awesome!!! However, my 5 year old son is such a mathematical thinker. He loves math and science, and has amazing spatial reasoning skills. I am learning to love teaching math and science because of him! We always have an experiment of two around the house.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment